Create or edit entity fields
After you create new fields, be sure to include them on the forms and views for the entity so that they are available from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online user interface. You can also add the new fields to relevant reports.
In a managed solution, you cannot create new fields or edit existing fields for entities. However, you can create new fields or edit existing fields in the Customization area of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
In an unmanaged solution, you can edit some of the properties for all fields. You can create new fields for any entities that you create for the solution. If you add an existing business entity to the solution, you can add new fields only if that entity allows it.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization area, click Customize the System.
- Under Components, expand Entities, and then expand the entity you want.
- Click Fields.
- To add a new field, on the Actions toolbar, click the New button.
Enter a Display Name. A Name will be generated based on the Display Name.
- OR -
To edit an field, select it in the list, and then on the Actions toolbar, click the Edit button.
- In Requirement Level, select one of the following:
- In Searchable, select whether to include this in the list of fields shown in Advanced Find for this entity and also in the list of fields available when customizing the find columns in the quick find view and the lookup view.
- For Field Security, enable or disable the feature for this field. More information: Add or remove security for a field
- For Auditing, enable or disable the feature for this field. More information: Auditing data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
If you enable auditing, be aware that auditing tracks value changes to the field, but does not track enabling or disabling Field Security for the field.
- For new fields, select the Type, and then enter required information for the specified type. For existing fields, you cannot modify the type, but you can modify the settings for the type.
- Set Status Reason options
- Select the IME mode for this attribute.
- Click Save and Close to close the form editor.
- To publish view customizations for just one entity, in the Navigation Pane, click Entities. Then, on the Actions toolbar, click the Publish button.
- To publish all customizations you have made to any entities or components, on the Actions toolbar, click the Publish All Customizations button.
To change the name prefix for all new entities and fields, in the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Administration, click System Settings, click the Customization tab, and then enter the prefix in the Prefix field.Each new entity or field created in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online uses a prefix on the name to identify that the entity or field is not a system entity or a system attribute. The default value is "New_". Using different prefix values provides a method to group customizations by the publisher.