Create, edit, or copy a report using the Report Wizard
All reports that are created using the Report Wizard are Fetch-based reports.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Workplace, and then under My Work, click Reports.
- To add a new report, on the Reports tab, in the Records group, click New.
- In the Report: New dialog box, in the Report Type list, click Report Wizard Report, and then click Report Wizard.
You can only use the Report Wizard to edit reports that were created with the wizard.
- Select a starting point for your report.
- Enter the name of the report, and specify which record types the report will use.
- Define a filter to determine which records are included in your report. For more information, see Edit the default filter for a report.
- Organize and lay out your data.
- Select whether to use a chart in the report.
- If the report includes a chart, format the chart.
- Review the summary of the report, click Next, and then click Finish.
- After you finish defining the report, return to the Report form, and if required, update the name and description of the report, and determine where the report is displayed. For more information, see Edit report properties.
- Test the report. On the Reports tab, in the Actions group, click Run Report. If the report needs modifications, edit the report.
- Make the report available to others for use. For more information, see Determine who can use the report.
- To edit an existing Report Wizard report, first select the report. Then, in the Records group, click Edit. Finally, click Report Wizard.
- All reports generated with the Report Wizard print in landscape mode.
- If you need to change data on the General or Administration tabs for a new report, wait until the report is saved before making the changes. Any changes on these tabs made before a report is saved will be ignored.