Add or edit a form IFRAME
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization area, click Customize the System.
- Under Components, expand Entities, and then expand the entity you want.
- Click Forms. In the list, click a form to edit it if it has a Form Type of Main.
- To add an IFRAME, on the Insert tab, click IFRAME.
- OR -
Select a tab and then the IFRAME in the tab you want to edit, and then on the Home tab, click Change Properties.
- On the Add an IFRAME or IFRAME Properties dialog box, on the General tab, enter the information you want. In particular, note the following:
- In the Name box, enter a unique name for the IFRAME. The name can only contain alphanumeric characters and underscore.
- In the URL box, enter a full URL for the IFRAME. You can optionally select the Pass record object-type code and unique identifier as parameters check box. More information: Passing IFRAME parameters (Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK)
- The Restrict cross-frame scripting check box is selected by default for security purposes. Exercise great caution in allowing cross-frame scripting.
Caution: Applications can interact with each other through an IFRAME. The Restrict cross-frame scripting check box is selected by default. Remove this restriction only if you are sure that the site you are using as the target of the IFRAME can be trusted.
- In the Formatting options displayed depend on the section formatting options. In any case, you can determine the number of rows for the field, whether a border is displayed, and the scrolling type.
- On the Dependencies tab, from the Available fields list, select the fields you want to designate as dependent fields in the IFRAME, and then click the Add Selected Records button to move the selected fields to the Dependent fields list.
- Click OK.
- When you finish editing the form, click Save and Close to close the form.
- You can preview how the main form will appear and how events will function:
- On the Home tab, click Preview, and then select Create Form, Update Form, or Read-Only Form.
- To close the Preview form, on the File menu, click Close.
- When your customizations are complete, publish them:
- To publish customizations for only the component that you are currently editing, on the Home tab, in the Save group, click Publish.
- To publish customizations for all unpublished components at one time, click Publish All Customizations.