Requesting User Interface Changes
Because customizations affect all users, only a user with the System Administrator or System Customizer security role, or equivalent permissions, can make customizations. If something would make it easier to do your job, let your manager or system administrator know.
Common customizations include:
- Change your permissions, if needed to do your job.
- Change the choices and the default value for a list. This includes the industry values in accounts and leads. It also includes the reasons for closing an activity, case, or lead.
- Change the criteria that determines if there are potential duplicate records.
- Change the names of record types or the text labels used in forms and views to reflect your organization's terminology.
- Link new record types and relationships with other record types to capture information you need.
- Add new fields on forms to track information that does not fit in existing fields.
- Hide features that you do not use.
- Modify reports.
- Change the columns that are displayed in views, the order the columns are displayed, and how the views are sorted. For each record type, there are several types of views that can be changed.