Reducing Storage Space
To manage the number of records stored in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, define criteria to delete specific records. This is useful in two common scenarios:
- You have test or training data that you want to delete when you have finished using it.
- You need to reduce the amount of storage space your organization is using. More information: View Organization Status and Notifications
If you need to reduce the amount of storage space your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online data uses, we recommend archiving data before removing it:
- Find. Create and save an Advanced Find query for each record type that you want now to archive and later to delete. More information: Work with Advanced Find
- Archive. Export all records found using an Advanced Find query to Microsoft Office Excel to store on your computer or to store on another computer in your local network. Completing this data storage archives the records. More information: Export Data to Excel
- Delete. Use the Bulk Deletion Wizard to delete the records that you finished archiving. Use the same Advanced Find query that you used to find those records. More information: Work with Bulk-Deletion Jobs
A bulk-record deletion job runs in the background while you do other things on Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. You can request e-mail notification from CRM upon completion of the bulk-deletion job.