Choose the types of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online records and other items that synchronize
You can choose which contacts and other items are synchronized between Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and Outlook by using filters.
- If you have Outlook 2007 installed, on the CRM menu, click Outlook Filters.
If you have Outlook 2010 installed, click File. Click the CRM tab. Click Synchronize, and then click Outlook Filters.
The default Outlook Synchronization Filters filters are listed. You can change the filters or create new ones.
- On the User Filters tab, click the filter that you want to edit. To create a new filter, on the Actions toolbar, click New.
The New Filter dialog box lists the name and criteria of the filter. You can use this dialog box to edit the properties of the filter, such as the name and description, and you can add or change the criteria of the filter. For example, you can add the criteria, Owner Contains Jesper.
Each row represents one set of filter criteria, and contains three columns: the field to use in the filter (for example, Account Name or City), the query relational operator (for example, Equals or Contains), and the value to filter on (for example, Open).
- Change the criteria in the New Filter dialog box:
- To edit a filter criteria row, click the field and select a different field, or click the query relational operator and select a different operator, or click the value, and enter a new value. For some values, you can click the Select or change the values for this field button to open the Select Values dialog box and select the value you want.
- To add a criteria row:
- Click Select, and specify the field to filter on.
- Click the query relational operator, and select an operator.
- Click Enter Value, and enter a value to filter on. For some values, you can click the Select or change the values for this field button to open the Select Values dialog box and select the value you want.
- To group criteria, you must select two or more rows for the same record type. For example, Sales Stage and Est. Revenue are both field values in the Opportunity record type and two rows that specify filter criteria for these fields can be grouped. However, rows with field values from different record types, such as Account and Opportunity record types, cannot be grouped.
- For each row you want to group, in detailed mode, click the Options menu button for that row, and then click Select Row.
- On the Filter toolbar, select Group AND or Group OR.
- To remove a row from a group, click the Options menu button for that row, and then click Delete.
- To select a group, click the Options menu button for that group, and then click Select Group.
- To add a criteria clause to a group, click the Options menu button for that group, click Add Clause, and then select the field, query relational operator, and value.
- To unselect a group that has been previously selected, click the Options menu button for that group, and then click Deselect Group.
- To ungroup a group, click the Options menu button for that group, and then click Ungroup.
- To change a Group AND group to a Group OR group, or a Group OR group to a Group AND group, click the Options menu button for that group, and then click Change to OR or Change to AND.
You can also access the Outlook filters from the Set Personal Options dialog box. In the Set Personal Options dialog box, click the Synchronization tab. In the Synchronize Microsoft Dynamics CRM items with my default Outlook folders section, click the Outlook Filters link. More information: Set Personal Options