Import data exported from Salesforce.com into Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
You can import data from a customized or default implementation of Salesforce.com. The Import Data Wizard provides three default data maps that map 16 non-customized Salesforce.com objects. If you have customized your Salesforce.com data, modify one of the data maps that comes with the Import Data Wizard to import your data correctly.
The import data maps available with the Import Data Wizard are intended as samples. You must modify these samples to match your organization's needs before using them in a production environment. Using the sample data maps without modification could result in an incomplete import of your data.
To import data from Salesforce.com to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online:
- Export your Salesforce.com data as described in Exporting Data from Salesforce.com.
- Complete the preparation steps listed in Preparation Tasks for Salesforce.com Data.
- On the File tab, click Tools, and then click Import Data.
- In the Import Data Wizard, click Browse to upload a file to import.
- Review the list of files that you have uploaded.
- On the Select Data Map page of the wizard, under Data Maps for Salesforce.com, click one of the following maps:
- For Report Export
- For Full Data Export
- For Contact and Account Report Export
- Follow the steps as specified in Import records from a file.