Start a dialog
If you or your organization have created dialogs, you can start a dialog for records that appear in a list.
- Creating and using dialogs
- Open the list that contains the record for which you want to start a dialog, such as leads or cases.
- Select the record on which you want to run a dialog.
- In the Process group, click Start Dialog.
- In the Look Up Record dialog box, select the dialog that you want to run, and then click OK.
- In the confirmation message, click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard.
- A dialog cannot be started on multiple records.
- The Start Dialog button may not be available if you do not have permission to run dialogs for the record listed.
- In the Look Up Record dialog box, you will see only dialogs that you own or have been given permissions to use.
- During a dialog session, when you navigate between the pages of the wizard, the dialog retains the data that you have entered and notifies you when the data changes. For example, you have a dialog that creates contacts for an account. The Contact Created page of the dialog shows certain fields of the contact that is created through the dialog. On this page, the two fields Telephone 1 and Telephone 2 have values set to 555-0100 and 555-0101 respectively. You navigate to a previous page and change the value for Telephone 1 to 555-0110. During the same time, another user changes the value for Telephone 2 to 555-0111 through Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. When you navigate back to the Contact Created page, a warning at the top of the page notifies you that some content on the page has changed and a notification icon is displayed next to each field that has changed.
- If the prompt, response, or tip text uses dynamic values, and if the value changes, the prompt, response, or tip text does not retain the previous data. An icon with an exclamation mark is displayed next to the prompt, which notifies you that some content has changed.