Convert an activity to a case
- Navigate to activity records.
- Open the activity that you want.
- On the Actions toolbar, point to Convert Activity and then to Case.
- In the Convert Activity to Case dialog box, enter information in the following boxes:
You must click the Lookup button to select or create a new customer.
- By default, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online automatically completes the following operations during the conversion:
- Close the activity as completed.
- Open the new case after the conversion.
To change the conversion operations, clear the associated check boxes.
- In the Convert Activity to Case dialog box, click OK.
The originating activity becomes a related activity for the new case. If the activity is open, it appears in the Activities list for the case. If the activity is closed, it appears in the Closed Activities list.