Close an activity
Unless you have created an activity record by mistake, it is better to close or convert an activity than to delete it. You can view closed or converted activities at a later date for reference, or run reports to determine the success rate of your activities.
- Navigate to activity records.
- Open the activity that you want.
- On the Actions menu, click Close activity type. For example, if you are in a task record, click Close Task.
- In the confirmation dialog box, select the status that you want from the Status list, such as Completed or Canceled, and then click OK.
- When you close an activity, the activity becomes read-only and cannot be edited or reopened.
- To view closed activities, in the Activities list, select the Closed Activities view.
- It is not possible to close multiple activities at once.
- The only way to close an e-mail activity is to send it. If you do not use Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to send or receive e-mail, click Send. This will close the activity, but no e-mail message will be sent.