Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
After Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook is installed, you must use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard to set the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization that you want to access while using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook.
Your contacts and tracked e-mail messages and appointments are automatically synchronized between Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. You can also access and work in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online from Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, click Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, and then click Configuration Wizard.
- In the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard, click Add.
- In the Configure Organization dialog box, in the Server URL box, type the URL address for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online server. For example, http://adventure-works.
- Click Test Connection.
- If necessary, click Change, to type to type your user name and password for the server. Then, click Test Connection again.
- In the Organization box, select the name of your organization.
A display name for organization is shown in the Display Name box.
- If you want, type a different name for your organization.
- If you want to automatically synchronize e-mail messages, tasks, appointments, and other Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online activities with the organization, select the Synchronize with this Organization check box.
You can synchronize information with only one organization. You can connect to or work with more than one organization. If you connect to more than one organization, they are both listed in the Navigation Pane.
- In the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Configuration Wizard, click Close.