Convert an activity to an opportunity
- Navigate to activity records.
- Open the activity that you want.
- On the Actions toolbar, click Convert Activity, and then click To Opportunity.
- In the Convert Activity to Opportunity dialog box, enter information in the following boxes:
You must click the Lookup button to select or create a new customer.
- Source Campaign
Click Lookup if you want to associate a source campaign with this activity.
By default, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online automatically completes the following operations during the conversion.
- Close the activity as completed.
- Open the new opportunity after the conversion.
- Create a campaign response based on the information included in the opportunity.
Important If you are converting an activity to an opportunity that is not associated with a Source Campaign, you must clear the Record a closed campaign response check box.
To change the conversion operations, clear the associated check boxes.
- In the Convert Activity to Opportunity dialog box, click OK.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
The originating activity becomes a related activity for the new opportunity. If the activity is open, it appears in the Activities list for the opportunity. If the activity is closed, it appears in the Closed Activities list.