Creating Charts in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online supports two types of charts based on ownership.
- System Charts. These are available to all users in the organization.
- User Charts. These are available to those with whom a chart has been shared or assigned. Sharing can be by users or by teams.
The Chart Designer in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online helps you create the following types of charts based on the layout:
- Column, Stacked Column, 100% Stacked Column
- Bar, Stacked Bar, 100% Stacked Bar
- Area, Stacked Area, 100% Stacked Area
Use stacked charts to show relative proportions of each closely related items in the charts. To show a comparison between multiple series on a chart, create a multi-series chart in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. You can also show comparison between two category fields by creating a comparison chart in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
To create a chart, specify fields to be displayed on the category and series axes. Typically, the category axis displays data from numeric or non-numeric fields. The series axis displays data from numeric fields.
To change a chart or create a new chart from another chart, export an existing chart, change the chart's definition file, and then import the changed definition file back to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online. More information: View Data using Charts (Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK).