View charts and analyze data
You can view the charts from the main list of records or from the list of associated records for an individual record. For example, you can view a chart for a list of account records. Otherwise, you can view a chart for the Opportunity line item of any account record.
To view a chart for a list of associated records, open a record, click the line item of the associated record type, on the <record type> tab, click Charts, and then click Right. For example, open an account record, and under Sales, click Opportunities. On the Opportunities tab, click Charts. If there is an existing chart created for this associated record type, the chart will be displayed to the right of the list of the associated records.
A chart will not display if you select the Related Regarding Records filter from the Include drop-down box for a list of associated records.
When you are viewing charts in context of the list of records, you can apply filters on the list of records, or you can drill down in a chart:
- On the main page of the list of records, click the chart bar on the right or top of the list of records.
- In the charts area, click the arrow next to the chart name, and then click the name of the chart that you want to view from the list of charts.
The chart preview changes depending on the view that you selected.
- Apply a filter on a column in the list of records to view an updated chart of the narrowed down items. For more information, see Apply a filter.
- Drill down in a chart to obtain specific details about an item. For more information, see Drill down in a chart.
- To place the chart on the right or on top of a list of records, on the Charts tab, in the Layout group, click Chart Pane, and then click Right or Top. To close the chart pane, on the Charts tab, in the Layout group, click Chart Pane, and then click Off.
- In any list of records, to collapse a chart pane that is placed on the right of a list of records, click the Click here for Collapsed View button. To open the chart pane, click the Click here for Normal View button .