Drill down in a chart
- Open the list of records that you want to view a chart. Then, click the chart bar on the right or top of the list of records.
- In the chart area, click the arrow next to the chart name, and then click a name of the chart that you want to see or for drilling down.
- Click the category area of the chart in which you want to drill down further to see lower level data.
- In the shortcut menu, click Select Field, and then click the field by which you want to group the category.
For example, you are viewing a chart that shows opportunities by potential customers. You want to drill down to see the opportunities for one potential customer, grouped by probability. Click the potential customer on the chart, click Select Field, and then click Probability. The chart now shows the opportunities for this customer with the probability of each opportunity.
- Click the corresponding icon for a chart type that you want use for viewing the data.
- Click OK.
You can drill down even further on the resulting chart from the drill down on a chart.
To go to the chart from which you drilled down, click Back.
- You cannot drill down in a chart if you cannot search on the field that you specified for the category axis. A quick way to find whether you can search on a field is to click Advanced Find, click the record type for the chart that you are viewing in the Look for drop-down box, and then click Select. If a field is not listed in this list, you cannot search on the field.
- You can drill down in only the charts that are of the following type: Bar, Column, Line, Pie, Funnel. If you imported a custom chart of a different type, you will not be able to drill down in the chart.
- You cannot drill down in chats that you are viewing from a list of associated records.