Set the default view for an entity
Every entity in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online must have a default public view. This is the view that is displayed for a list of entities such as appointments, accounts, or contacts. For example, if your organization is set up so that users manage their own appointments, you can change the default view for Appointments from All Appointments to My Appointments.
You can make any public view the default public view for an entity.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization area, click Customize the System.
- Under Components, expand Entities, and then expand the entity you want.
- Click Views.
- In the list of views, select the Public View you want to set as the default. The view type is indicated in the Type column.
- On the Actions toolbar, click Actions, and then click Set Default.
- To publish view customizations for just one entity, in the Navigation Pane, click Entities. Then, on the Actions toolbar, click the Publish button.
To publish all customizations you have made to any entities or components, on the Actions toolbar, click the Publish All Customizations button.