Managing E-mail Activities
You can create, preview, track, and save e-mail messages and relate them to the specific accounts, contacts, cases, and other records. These e-mail messages are tracked as activity records, and can be sent to customers and other internal users, or saved as drafts for future editing. This helps you create a complete history of your interaction with your customers.
- Managing Communication Activities
- Understanding Quick Campaigns
- Creating and Using Workflows
- Send Direct E-mail to Customers
- Creating Queues for Incoming Cases
Working with E-mail Messages Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
If your System Administrator has set up Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online to manage your e-mail, you can receive, read, reply, forward, and attach files and notes to e-mail messages.
- You cannot resend sent e-mail messages.
- You cannot use quick campaigns or marketing lists to send e-mail to customers who have opted out of receiving marketing messages.
- E-mail messages may be addressed to customers for whom you do not have a valid e-mail address or who have an e-mail address that is associated with more than one record, but doing so may cause an alert to appear.
- Your System Administrator can make settings to manage how Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online manages e-mail messages without a valid Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customer record.
- You can attach notes and documents to an e-mail message after you save it.
Working with E-mail Activities in Outlook
If you prefer to work with your e-mail activities in Outlook, you can create and manage e-mail messages using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook. By using the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online Address Book in Outlook, you have access to the e-mail addresses of your customers and other users in your organization.
You can save all or some of your Outlook e-mail messages as Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online records. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online for Outlook can check incoming e-mail for messages to save and track. This option can be set in the Personal Options dialog box. More information: Set Personal Options
Personal and Organization-wide E-mail Templates
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online provides e-mail templates for the organization. Organization templates are available for general use, but only users who have the appropriate administrator privileges can delete or edit them. Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online also gives users personal e-mail templates. Even when a personal template is available for general use, only the person who has ownership rights to a personal template can delete or edit it.