Create a simple selection rule
This procedure assumes that no selection rules have been created previously for this service. For more information about different types of selection rules, see Types of Selection Rules.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Business Management, and then click Services.
- In the list of services, open the service to which you want to add a selection rule.
- On the Service form, click the Required Resources tab, and then double-click the first selection rule in the right pane.
Selection rules appear in the tree beside .
- In the Edit a Selection Rule dialog box, enter the following information.
Select the number of resources required for the service. If you select All, then all of the selected resources are included in the service activity.
Enter any additional information about the scheduling rule you want to record.
- Selection Site
This option defines whether the resources must all be from the same site, or if they can be from any site in the business unit. This option is only available in the top-level selection rule.
- Click OK.
- Under the Common Tasks, you can add resources.
- Click OK.
- Click Save or Save and Close.