Create a complex selection rule
A complex selection rule requires a specific number of resources, each from separate groups, that are defined in subrules. For example, a bicycle assembly can either select one senior technician, or two junior technicians, or three interns.
You can also nest subrules within subrules to further define the selection criteria.
This procedure assumes that no selection rules have been created previously for this service.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Business Management, and then click Services.
- In the list of services, open the service to which you want to add a selection rule.
- On the Service form, click the Required Resources tab, and then double-click the first selection rule in the right pane.
Selection rules appear in the tree beside .
- In the Edit a Selection Rule dialog box, define the rule.
- Click OK.
- Under Common Tasks, click Add a Selection Rule.
A new selection subrule appears in the selection rule tree connected to the first selection rule, and the Add a Selection Rule dialog box opens automatically.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to define the subrule.
Selection Site is not available for subrules.
- Select the new subrule in the right pane.
- Under the Common Tasks, you can add resources.
- Click OK.
- Repeat steps 7 through 10 to define additional subrules and add resources to them. A new selection subrule appears in the selection rule tree connected to the subrule.
- In the right pane, click the first selection rule. Repeat steps 7 through 10 to define additional subrules and add resources to them.
- Click Save or Save and Close.