Create or edit a user record
After you create a user in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, you send an invitation to that person. People who accept the invitation can sign in to Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online and begin using the application immediately. More information: Invite Someone to Use Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
Users cannot be deleted, but can be deactivated. Deactivated users do not use a license.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Administration, and then click Users.
- On the Users tab, in the Records group, click New. Or, open an existing record that you want to change.
- On the Select Business Unit page, in the Business Unit list, select a business unit. By default, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online selects the root business unit for this field. Click Next.
- On the Select Security Roles page, select check boxes for the security roles you want to assign to the user. Hover over each to get a description of the security role. Click Next.
- On the Add Users page, enter the following:
- First Name
Enter a first name between 1 and 50 characters. This is a required field for a user record.
- Last Name
Enter a name between 1 and 50 characters.
- E-mail Address
- First Name
- Click Add to add the user. Click Edit or Remove if that's the action you want to take. Click Next.
- On the Send E-mail Invitations page, select either Add new users and send invitations now or Add new users and do not send invitations. Click Create New Users.
After processing the new user, the Summary page reports either that the user addition succeeded, or it reports details if it failed.
The Users form does not have restricted access, so everyone in the system can view the information about the form.