Send Direct E-mail to Customers
You can send the same message to multiple recipients (known as "direct" or "bulk" e-mailing) using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online e-mail templates.
You can also use mail merge with Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Word templates to create the message. More information: Create Customer-Ready Documents and Messages
- Direct e-mail uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online e-mail templates. If you want to use Microsoft Office Word templates, use the mail merge feature.
- To use the Send Direct E-mail option for a custom entity that is enabled for sending e-mail, you must select the Activities check box in the custom entity properties. More information: Create a new entity
- In the Navigation Pane, under Sales or Marketing, click the record type you want, for example, Contacts.
- Which panes you see will depend on the security roles you have been assigned.
- You can also send direct e-mail to users from the Users list.
- In the View list, select the filtered view you want.
- If you want to send direct e-mail to only a few people, select the records you want.
- OR -
If you want to send direct e-mail to everyone displayed in the current list, go to the next step.
- On the Actions toolbar, click Send Direct E-mail .
- In the Send Direct E-mail dialog box, select the template you want to use. To view a description of the template, select the template.
- Click Send.
If an account or contact does not have a valid e-mail address or has the Do Not Allow option set for Bulk E-mail, the message is not sent to them, and no e-mail activity is created.