System Settings Dialog Box - Customization Tab
If you need to back up your settings or export your settings for use in a different implementation of Microsoft Dynamics CRM, export your settings as part of exporting customizations of a solution. More information: Export a solution
You can set your system default for viewing record forms to either Read-Optimized or Edit.
- Read-optimized forms open rapidly for quick viewing and they prevent accidental editing. However, read-optimized forms do not show the ribbon commands, or content generated by custom scripts or web resources. Read-optimized forms may be useful for people who need to quickly see what's in records, but don't often need to create or update records.
- Editable record forms show the rich contextual controls on the ribbon, and display content generated by custom scripts and web resources.They are most useful for people who typically create or update records.
A record form that contains content generated by a custom script will always open in editable format, regardless of the system default or personal options.
If you select Read-Optimized as the system default, a user can still edit records by selecting them in the list and then clicking Edit.
Change the system default for viewing record forms
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Administration, and then click System Settings. Click the Customization tab.
- In the Form Mode section, select Read-Optimized or Edit.
- If you want to enable individual users to select their own default for viewing record forms, select Allow users to select a mode for viewing forms. If you enable this option, users can choose their default view for record forms in the Set Personal Options dialog box. Individual users who select read-optimized as their default can still edit records by selecting them in the list and then clicking Edit.
- Click OK to close the System Settings dialog box.