Create or edit mapping between fields
More information: Mapping Entity Fields
Before mapping fields, publish customizations to entities that contain the source and target fields that you plan to map.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization area, click Customize the System.
- Under Components, expand Entities, and then expand the entity you want.
- Click either 1:N Relationships or N:1 Relationships.
- In the main pane, in the Type list, select Mappable.
- Select a mappable relationship. Then on the Actions toolbar, click Actions, and then click Edit.
- Under Related, click Mappings.
- For each new mapping, on the Actions toolbar, click New.
- In the Create Field Mapping dialog box, select the source field from Source Entity Fields. Select the target field from Target Entity Fields.
- Click OK.
- Click Save and Close to close the Relationship form.
- When your customizations are complete, publish them:
- To publish customizations for only the component that you are currently editing, on the Home tab, in the Save group, click Publish.
- To publish customizations for all unpublished components at one time, click Publish All Customizations.
- After publishing customizations, these mappings are available for all users. If you reset Internet Information Services for any reason before you publish customizations, these mappings are available for all users, even though other customizations will not be available.
- If you map to or from a field that is not displayed on a form, the mapping won't be done until the field is added to a form.