Export a solution
More information: Exporting Customizations
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Solutions.
- In the list, select the unmanaged solution that you want to export, and then on the Actions toolbar, click Export.
- Only customizations that have been published are exported with the solution. If you have not previously published the customizations, in the Export Solution dialog box, click Publish All Customizations.
- Click Next.
- Select the check boxes for the settings that you want to export with the solution.
- Click Next.
- Read about your options, and then click either Unmanaged or Managed.
- Click Export.
- When prompted to open or save the compressed (.zip) file, click Save.
- Choose a location to save your solution, and then click Save.
If you want to develop or extend Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality in the solution, see the Microsoft Dynamics CRM SDK for more information.
- Do not add additional files to a compressed (.zip) file that contains customizations and settings exported from Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Microsoft Dynamics CRM will attempt to import the first file in the compressed (.zip) file. If that is not a valid file the import will fail.
- Some user information may be exported when exporting workflows, for example, the domain logon, the Forms Authentication user name, or the Windows Live unique user identifier (PUID) value.