Add actions to your workflow logic.
Tip: You can repeat these steps to add whatever actions you want to include in your workflow logic.
- Select the line in your workflow logic where you want to add an action.
- On the Workflow Logic toolbar, click Add Step and select one of the following items:
- Create Record. Creates a new record. From the Create list, select the entity for which you want to create individual records.
- Update Record. Updates a record. From the Update list, select the record that you want to update.
- Assign Record. Assigns a record from one user to another user. From the Assign list, select the record that you want to reassign, and then click the Lookup button and select the user you want to assign the record to.
- Send E-mail. Sends an e-mail notification. From the Send e-mail list, select whether you want to create a new e-mail message or use an E-mail Template.
- Start Child Workflow. Starts a child workflow. From the Start child workflow list, select the primary entity of the child workflow you want to use, and then click the Lookup button and select the child workflow.
- Change Status. Changes the status of a record. From the first Change status list, select the record that you want to change the status of, and then select the status from the second list.
- Stop Workflow. Stops the current workflow. From the Stop workflow with status of list, select the status that you want to set for the stopped workflow.
- If a Set Properties button appears next to the new action you added, click Set Properties and specify details about the entity that this step in your workflow is taking action on.
- Click Type a step description here and replace the default text with a description of what your workflow step includes.