Print a quote with a mail-merge document
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, only one mail merge can be run at a time. If you receive the message "Microsoft Dynamics CRM Mail Merge is already running" and want to discontinue a mail merge, close and then reopen Microsoft Office Word or Microsoft Internet Explorer. You can run multiple mail merge processes at the same time in the Web application.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Sales, and then click Quotes.
- Open the quote you want to print. If you want to use a new quote, save it first, before starting the mail merge.
- In the Actions group, click Print Quote for Customer.
- If you have other languages installed, you can select a language to filter the list of templates.
- Select if you want to start with a blank document or a template. If you select a template option, click the Lookup button to select a template.
New mail merge templates are created in the Settings area. More information: Work with Mail Merge Templates
- If necessary, you can add or delete data fields.
- Click Download.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM automatically opens a Microsoft Office Word document. In the File Download dialog box, click Open.
This is not your mail-merge document. This is an interim page. Follow the directions in the Word document, including clicking CRM.
- In the Mail Merge Recipient dialog box, verify that the list is accurate, and then click OK.
- To continue the mail merge, follow the instructions provided by the Mail Merge pane. For more information, see the Microsoft Office Word Help documentation.
- If you are working in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and you have either created a new template or updated an existing template, you can upload the template.
- When you finish the mail merge document, close it, and then delete the interim mail-merge document (Mail_Merge_nnnn.xml) and the associated text file (Mail_Merge_nnnn.txt) with the same name.
- If you are working in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, after you merge the new document, you can choose to create Microsoft Dynamics CRM activities for mail-merge items.