Qualify and convert a lead to an account, contact, and/or opportunity
- In the Navigation Pane, click Sales, and then click Leads.
- In the list of leads, open the lead you want to qualify and convert.
- On the Lead tab, in the Actions group, click Qualify.
- In the Convert Lead dialog box, Qualify and convert into the following records is selected by default. Select one or more of the following:
Select this to create an account—an actual company with which you do business.
Select this to create a contact—a specific individual at a company, or an individual consumer.
Select this to create an opportunity. When you do this, in the Potential Customer box, you must associate an account or contact with the lead. Click the Lookup button to search for one.
If you select Opportunity, you must select the currency in which to calculate the opportunity.
- Open newly created records
Select this check box to open each record in a new window.
- Click OK.
- If you did not select the Open newly created records check box, then you must click the Close button to close the lead record.
- Based on your security privileges, you might not be able to qualify leads that you do not own. All newly created records are, by default, owned by the user who owned the original lead, regardless of who qualifies or converts them.
- Any notes on a lead record do not transfer to the new account, contact, or opportunity record. The notes remain with the originating lead record.
- When you convert a lead, the new record that is created will not be checked to see if it is a duplicate.