Use the Closed Activity list
You can associate many record types with activities. For example, you might associate an opportunity with a phone call. When you complete and close an activity, it shows in the history of the associated record. To view the record history, in the record, under Common, click Closed Activities.
You can do the following in the Closed Activities list:
- You can create a new activity for draft records (but not active records) by clicking the New Activity button. You'll create the activity from the Closed Activities list, but it will be displayed in the Activities list while active, then in the Closed Activities list once it is changed to completed.
- You can also do standard tasks such as printing, exporting data, running a report, or assigning. For information about doing those tasks, see the topic What else can I do? More tasks...
The Closed Activities list for opportunities, accounts, and contacts can help you find completed activities:
- To find activities from a certain time period, such as Last 30 days, click Filter on.
- To see completed activities for one particular record, click Include, and then select This Record Only.
- To list all activities related to one record associated with the account or contact, select Related Regarding Records.