Create a unit group
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings. Then, under Business, click Product Catalog.
- In the Product Catalog area, click Unit Groups.
- In the Records group, click New.
- In the Create Unit Group dialog box, enter the following information:
Type a descriptive name for the unit group.
- Primary Unit
Type the lowest common unit of measure that the product will be sold in. For example, each, day, 8 hours, or 2 kilograms.
- Click OK.
The Unit Group form opens.
- To save and close the unit group without adding units, in the Save group, click Save and Close.
- OR -
To create a unit for this unit group, in the left pane, under Common, click Units, and then under List Tools on the Units tab, in the Records group, click Add New Unit.
- In the Unit form, you enter the following information:
Type a descriptive name for the unit.
Type the quantity that will comprise this unit. For example, if this unit is for a dozen, enter 12.
- Base Unit
Type or select the base unit for the group. You can use the Lookup button to search for and select a base unit that is based on the primary unit for the group.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
You cannot delete the primary unit in a unit group.