Add or edit a unit in a unit group
A unit group includes one or more units.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings. Then, under Business, click Product Catalog.
- In the Product Catalog area, click Unit Groups.
- In the list of Unit Groups, click the unit group that you want to add one or more units of measurement to.
- In the Navigation Pane, under Common, click Units.
- Under List Tools, on the Units tab, in the Records group, click Add New Unit.
- On the Unit form, you enter the following information:
Type a descriptive name for the unit. You cannot use duplicate names.
Type the quantity that this unit will contain. For example, if this unit is for a dozen, type 12.
- Base Unit
Use the Lookup button to search for and select a base unit. The base unit will establish the lowest unit of measurement for this unit group. For example, if this unit is for one dozen, and the quantity for this unit is equal to 12, then select a base unit that has a quantity of 1.
- Click Save and Close.
- OR -
To add more than one unit, click Save and New.
- Click the Unit Group tab.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
- To edit a unit in a unit group, open the unit group that you want to edit. In the Navigation Pane, under Common, click Units. Select the unit that you want to edit, and then in the Records group, click Edit.
- You cannot delete the primary unit in a unit group.