Set synchronization options in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
You can select the record types that you want to synchronize between Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and how often you want to synchronize them between applications. Filters enable you to specify the types of items that are synchronized.
- Start Outlook. (Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook must be installed.)
- If you have Outlook 2007 installed, on the CRM menu, click Options.
- OR -
If you have Outlook 2010 installed, click File. Click the CRM tab, and then click Options.
- In the Set Personal Options dialog box, click the Synchronization tab.
This tab is not available in the Web application.
- To choose other record types, such as Accounts, that are synchronized, click the Outlook Filters link, and then change and add the filters that you want. More information: Choose the types of Microsoft Dynamics CRM records and other items that synchronize with Outlook
The filters that are provided with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook synchronize the following items if you are the owner of the item.
- Recurring Appointments
- Service Activities
- Appointments. Appointments and service activities in which you are a participant and have accepted the appointment are synchronized.
- Phone Calls
- If you want to include company names in Outlook contacts, select the Update Company fields with parent account names check box.
Important: Subsequent changes to the company name field are not synchronized.
- If you have more than one computer running Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook and this computer is online most often, select the Set this computer to be the Synchronizing client check box to automatically synchronize information between Outlook and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- If you want to define how often Microsoft Dynamics CRM items in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook folders are updated, select the Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook folders every check box and then enter the number of minutes.
You can increase the amount of time between synchronization of items in your Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook folders.
Your organization must permit you to change the Synchronize the CRM items in my Outlook folders every check box. Your administrator sets the minimum time allowed between synchronization.
- To save your changes and close the dialog box, click OK.