Create a data map for use with import
In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you can create data maps by saving the changes to the mappings you did during an import as a new data map.
- On the File tab, click Tools, and then click Import Data.
- Upload a file for import. More information: Import records from a file
- Review the files that you have uploaded and change the delimiters, if required. More information: Import records from a file
- Select Default (Automatic Mapping) or any other existing data map.
If the Import Data Wizard is unable to map your source data automatically, you will be shown the Map Record Types and Map Fields pages to manually map your data.
- OR -
If your source files and columns are automatically mapped to Microsoft Dynamics CRM record types and fields and if you need to change the mapping, on the Review Mapping Summary page, click Edit.
- Change the record type and field mappings, as required. More information: Import records from a file.
- On the Review Settings and Import Data page, specify a name for the new data map, and click Submit.
This data map is added to the existing data map list under Customized Maps on the Select Data Map page. You can use this data map later for importing data from similar sources.