Add or edit a contract line
Adding contract lines to a contract is the second step in creating and invoicing a contract. Contract lines include specific dates, the product covered, and how many cases or total minutes of allotted support are provided. You can define several contract lines for each contract; for example, one line for parts and another for maintenance.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Service, and then click Contracts.
- In the contract list, open the service contract to which you want to add a contract line.
- Under Common, click Contract Lines.
- In the Records group, click Add New Contract Line.
- On the General tab, you must enter information in the following fields:
This information should be a descriptive of the contents of the contract line. For example, if this line is for a specific product, include the name in the title.
- Start Date
- End Date
Microsoft Dynamics CRM enters the Start Date and End Date for the line automatically based on the contract dates; however, you can change the dates as needed.
To locate and select a product, click the Lookup button.
- Total Cases/Minutes
Type the total case or minute allotment. The contract template determines the type of allotment (cases or minutes). As cases are opened against this contract, Microsoft Dynamics CRM displays the allotments used in the Allotments Used box.
- Total Price
You must enter the total price for this contract line.
- On the Administration tab, you can change the customer and enter the serial number of a product. Microsoft Dynamics CRM automatically enters the customer in the Customer box based on the contract's customer. However, you can change the customer if needed.
- Under Information, click Notes and Activities. In the Notes section, click Add a new note, and add the information that applies to your record.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
- If cases have been opened against this contract, Microsoft Dynamics CRM tracks how much of the allotted support has been used in the Allotment Details area. You can change the Total Cases/Minutes to increase or decrease the allotment.
- You can cancel a contract line only when it is set to Active. By canceling a contract line instead of deleting it, you can reuse the contract lines later if you renew the contract or create a new contract based on it. In the Actions group, click Cancel Contract Line. In the Cancel Contract dialog box, in the Cancellation Date box, enter the date that you want to cancel the contract line, and then click OK.