Invoice and activate a contract
Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not automatically invoice the customer or create an actual invoice unless your business has integrated Microsoft Dynamics CRM with a Microsoft BackOffice product. The invoice record displays information about the invoice, not the invoice itself.
When a contract is marked as invoiced, the status changes to Invoiced until the start date. Then, the status changes to Active.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Service, and then click Contracts.
- In the list of contracts, open the service contract that you want to invoice.
- In the Actions group, click Invoice Contract.
The status is listed in the Status column in the contract list. The invoice record is displayed in the Invoice list.
- After a contract is marked as invoiced, you cannot delete the contract or change any contract information, such as the dates, contract names, or the contract ID. You can add new contract lines and cancel existing contract lines.
- You can renew an expired or invoiced contract. To renew, open the expired or invoiced contract, and in the Actions group, click Renew Contract. Microsoft Dynamics CRM makes a copy of the contract and sets the status to either Draft for copies of expired contracts or Invoiced for copies of invoiced contracts. The start date is set for one day after the existing contract expires.
- To cancel an invoiced contract, in the Actions group, click Cancel Contract. Specify a cancellation date, and click OK. You can also temporarily put a contract "on hold." When a contract is on hold, no cases can be opened against the contract.To put a contract on hold, click Hold Contract, and to release the contract, click Release Hold.