Resolve a case
When a problem has been solved or addressed to the customer's satisfaction, you can resolve the case and record the resolution and the amount of time to be billed to the customer.
Before a case can be resolved, all of its activities must be closed. If the case is linked to a contract line, the contract line must be active and have sufficient allotments to resolve the case. You can only resolve cases one at a time.
- Navigate to the list of cases.
- In the list of cases, open the one you want to resolve.
- In the Actions group, click Resolve Case.
If there are any open activities for this case, you have to close them first.
- In the Resolve Case dialog box, in the Resolution Type list, select how the case was resolved.
- In the Resolution box, type a short explanation of the resolution.
- The actual time spent on all activities, as recorded in the Duration box in each activity, for this case is filled out automatically in the Total Time box.
This total is for information only and cannot be edited.
- In the Billable Time list, select the amount of time spent on the case to be billed to the customer.
If this case is linked to a contract, the billable time will be subtracted from the allotted minutes for that contract.
- Type a longer description of the resolution and any other notes in the Description box.
- Click OK. The form closes.
- Click Close.
- A Case Resolution activity is created in the Closed Activities area. A case resolution activity contains information about a resolved case, including the resolution reason and total time spent on the case. A resolved case can be reactivated at any time.
- Resolved cases appear in the Resolved Cases view. A case can be reactivated at any time. It will be reassigned automatically to the customer service representative (CSR) who resolved it.