Reactivate a case
If additional actions are required for a resolved case, you can reactivate the case and modify it as needed. Microsoft Dynamics CRM reassigns the case to the customer service representative (CSR) who owned the case when it was closed. The benefit of reactivating the case is that you do not have to re-enter any data.To maintain a history of the status of a case, once the case has been reactivated, the case status changes to Active and the case resolution activity status changes to Canceled. When the case is resolved again, Microsoft Dynamics CRM creates a new case resolution activity.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Service, and then click Cases.
- In the View list, click My Resolved Cases or Resolved Cases.
- In the list of cases, open the case that you want to reactivate.
- In the Actions group, click Reactivate Case.
- In the Reactivate the Selected Case dialog box, click OK.
- Modify the information on the form or add any activities that you want.
More information: Work with Activities
- Click Save or Save and Close.
- Reactivated cases appear in the Active Cases view and the My Active Cases view of the CSR who owns the case.
- A new activity is not created, but the Case Resolution activity is canceled.