Add, edit, or delete a note
- Open the record that you want.
- For most record types, click Notes and Activities:
- On the E-mail form, click Attachments.
- On the Service Activity form, click Service Activity .
- On the Case form, click Notes and Article.
- To add a note, click Add a new note.
- OR -
To open and edit a note, double-click the status row above the note, or right-click the note and then click Open.
- In the Note form, you can make changes to the following:
Change the title of the note. Titles must have a length of 64 characters or less. Titles are not displayed in the notes list.
- Note content
Add, remove, or edit the note content.
You can use this item to open and make changes to the activity or record that this note is associated with.
- File Attachment section
Add or remove a file attachment. In the File Name box, type the name of the file, or click Browse to locate the file that you want to attach, and then click Attach.
- Click Save or Save and Close.
To delete a note, double-click the status row of the note to open it, and then on the Actions menu, click Delete Note. If you do not have appropriate permissions to delete any of the records associated with the note, you will not be able to delete the note.