Add or edit form navigation for related entities
In the form Navigation Pane, you can add links to related entities. When a user clicks one of these links in a record, the associated view for the entity is displayed. If you want to modify the way an associated view is displayed, see Edit the associated view.
- In the Navigation Pane, click Settings.
- Under Customization, click Customizations.
- In the Customization area, click Customize the System.
- Under Components, expand Entities, and then expand the entity you want.
- Click Forms. In the list, click a form to edit it if it has a Form Type of Main.
- To add a link to a related entity, on Home tab, in the Select group, click Navigation. Relationship Explorer opens on the right side of the form editor.
- In the Relationship Explorer list, select the related entity you want, drag it to the Navigation Pane, and drop it where you want it to be displayed.
Tip: You can also create a new relationship by clicking the New 1:N or New N:N buttons at the bottom of Relationship Explorer. More information: Create, edit, or view 1:N relationships between entities, Create or edit N:N relationships between entities
- To edit the properties for this or any other related entity link in the Navigation Pane, select the link, and then on the Home tab, click Change Properties.
- In the Relationship Properties dialog box, on the Display tab, type a new display label.
- On the Name tab, you can view details about the entity relationship for this link. Click the Edit button to view or edit the relationship record. More information: Create, edit, or view 1:N relationships between entities, Create or edit N:N relationships between entities
- Click OK.
- You can preview how the main form will appear and how events will function:
- On the Home tab, click Preview, and then select Create Form, Update Form, or Read-Only Form.
- To close the Preview form, on the File menu, click Close.
- When you finish editing the form, click Save and Close to close the form.
- When your customization are complete, publish them:
- To publish customizations for only the component that you are currently editing, on the Home tab, in the Save group, click Publish.
- To publish customizations for all unpublished components at one time, click Publish All Customizations.